Friday, May 07, 2010

Fill in the Blanks Friday

Fill in the Blank Friday

Lauren at The Little Things We Do has themed her Friday series Fill in the Blank with books-books-books this week! :) Woohoo!
If you want to play along, repost this in on your own blog and linky up back to her page! Happy Weekend people.

My favorite book growing up was The Harry Potter series. It still is, and most likely always will be. And I know I was already a teen when I started reading these or when they came out, but besides Where the Wild things are I can't remember which book I liked the best, and when I think of growing up I think of HP, because those books kept me sane and happy from the time I had to leave my home in Germany and make my big move to the United States, start high school, start a new life, try not to undergo culture shock, etc. So, HP it is.


The funniest book I've ever read was ye know..I don't think I've ever written a funny book!!?
The one book that has truly changed my life is The Time Traveler's Wife. N gave me this book for Christmas the year we had gone through a pretty hard time in our relationship. At the end of the book, which I didn't find until I'd finished the entire thing, he wrote "I'll love you forever". Even though this is probably the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me, that's not the part that changed my life. The book tells the story of a love that I stubbornly and truly believe in, with every fiber of my heart. Yes, I'm a romantic. Even in this technology ruled world I still believe in love letters, love that outlasts everything and when I got to the end of that book, I had written proof I had found it.

If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. SUCH an incredible book. Stories about old Germany that play in the holocaust era get me anyway, but this was unlike any such book I have read. I honestly laid in bed the rest of the day and didn't know what to do with myself. I was emotionally overwhelmed :). Beautifully and even more cleverly written. A MUST read.
If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet J.K. Rowling. Duh. But Lauren & Erin had a good one that I would NOT pass up so I'm going to piggy back them:
Jane Austen.

The next book on my "to read" list is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. A recommendation from my dear friend Katie. I've heard great things about it.
If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring 1) My diary 2) The Time Traveler's Wife 3) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7).

1 comment:

  1. I love the Time Travelers Wife...one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete