Thursday, August 25, 2011

pleasantweek

Happy mid morning to you all. I have a short morning before I jet off to work a mid shift that soaks up all the good times of the day but it's okay because tomorrow I get to welcome a day off! As much as I hate having a random popcorn schedule, it does make working retail much more bearable. 5 days straight is much more than 2 days or relaxing can make up for. Anyway, I'm rambling...

Even though I have put college behind me, the end of August also brings the month of September which for me this year is one busy month! Don't get me wrong they're all good and exciting things by all means very exciting actually (!!) which of course I look forward to sharing with you, but that little "September" tab on my planner just came a little quicker than I thought and it's caught me off guard. 

You might not think it but I feel as if I can be really cautious sometimes. Especially within the last year I have learned a lot about myself and the things I need in order to maintain balance in my life. I think the most important thing in doing so was admitting that I had become a little lost and since then I like to take things one step at a time so to speak. 

One of the things I have been teaching myself this year is finances. Between paying myself through a 4 year college on a minimum wage job, life, and a shopping problem..(not to forget that education and its expenses in the US is quite the rip off.) .. you turn 23 and realize - wow I'm flat broke. No doubt 2011 has been one huge bitch year of learning lessons, learning patience, and learning to be grateful no matter what the amount in your bank account. Can't take that dirty paper with you when you die any how :) 

So to tie all these loose strings together, September is knocking on my front door and I am getting so excited to be celebrating the string of wonderful events and enjoying our last camping trip of the season! I'm going to take this next week to budget like a smart girl, plan to the last second, and start shining my dancing shoes. 

September will be bringing..

* my mother's 50th birthday
* the wedding of two great friends
*family camping trip
*hair too(s)day goes professional

*n's and my one year wedding anniversary

Hope you enjoyed this mornings ramblings. I'm off to hop in the shower and tackle the day. 

---

xo .  jess


No comments:

Post a Comment