Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hi Vday. Meet My Friend, Sick Day.

Hi kids...
I'm sorry I've been falling behind and quiet lately. I've had so much to share with you from the weekend, but the fact that Saturday night I started getting sick that I spent the last 48 hours in pajamas, no makeup, with ice packs on my forehead, and bags of cough drops, lounging around the house. The doctor said I was well on my way to developing Bronchitis and that I've caught what "80% of Denver has right now": crazy headaches, body aches, chills, fever, and a severe cough. Thank god I'm not congested. I haaaaaate not being able to breathe at night. It makes me angry.

I wanted to spend today's sick day recapping you on the weekend..but I ended up passing out cold, with 3 blankets tucked around me like in the hospital, blanket up to my nose, a big ice pack across the forehead so only my nose was sticking out for 4 hours straight.

Unfortunately, I won't have any HairToo(s)day for you this week. The last two days really laid me out flat and I needed all the rest I could get. I promise I'll make it up to you next week as I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and will feature 2 tutorials next week! :D I knew you'd understand ;)


If you happen to be within that 80% of Denver battling the same thing, I swear by a cup of hot milk, and a generous spoonful of honey for a sore throat. And Zicam is evil. Don't buy it. 

And for those that aren't against a little love from time to time..even if it's super cheesy and every body's doing it, it's still FUN to celebrate a

*Happy Valentine's Day*


I received an entire box of Rocher - my faaavorite chocolate after Toffifee - all to myself tonight, that N and I chowed almost completely gone within 20 minutes. :) 
And possibly a beautiful arrangement on sunflowers :) :) ♥ ♥

xo . jess

6 comments:

  1. sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're sick. :-( I hope you're starting to feel better, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls for the support! :) I will definitely try that cough syrup Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh man, being sick is the pits isnt it! i hope you feel better sooo soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. why is zicam evil? it usually messes up my stomach but prevents me from getting sick. my husband was sick all weekend and i just felt on the verge of getting it but never totally did. hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems like so many are sick lately, hope you feel better. Good news is your blog rocks and i look forward to following!

    ReplyDelete