Welcome to my weekly tutorial of what do to with your hair!! People are always asking me
"How did you do that to your hair?"
And so here are my answers, trials, and step by step tutorials of
"How you can do that to your hair, too!"
I think you all enjoyed last week's HairToo(s)day I know I had a blast working on that do'! Over the weekend I had an idea for this week's hair day and even though I'm still giving you fabulous hair do advice and how.to's - I'm focusing on hair care. If you know me from the day to day, you know that I'm a firm believer in washing your hair as infrequently as you can. You also know, that if you are not one of these people, I will try my hardest to bring you to the believer side and help you see how good it is for your hair to utilize your natural oils every couple of days; glossy hair, stronger hair, less split ends, and faster growing your (!) all from getting a little creative and not washing your hair daily.
The first thing you have to figure out, is how long can you really take your hair without going too far. So, if your hair is unbearably greasy on the morning of day 3 - make day 3 your wash day. If you're like me and can go all of day 4 without washing until the morning of day 5 (!) then take it that long. Here's how I think of "hair days".
Day 1: You get up, wash and fully style you're hair. Meaning you blow it out, straighten it, or curl it, OR simply squeezing in some product and air drying even. As long as it's freshly washed and you're wearing it "down" I consider Day 1 "Freshly washed".
Day 2: Your have the perfect "bed head" hair where you can pull off yesterday's styling by either braiding back your bangs today, pulling it half up, or rockin' a headband.
Day 3: Your hair do is definitely gone, but styling a cute pony tail, loose bun, or high bun is perfectly acceptable for today. If your ends have gone limp and you want to sport a pony tail - just style a pony tail and touch up the ends with a curling stick for perfect disguise :)
Day 4: Your natural oil is definitely eminent now and you should really only let this slide if you're going to be inside at home all day with someone that loves you unconditionally :P OR you are in for the perfect disguise plan that will let you carry on with any day while keeping your self conscious intact and you're going for ...
What you need:
- day 3 or 4 hair. (For details see above :P)
- a brush (comb won't be as good as brush)
- A curler or curling stick
- bobby pins
- a cute hat of your choice (tune in next week, when I tutorial how to wear those adorable beanie hats!)
What you do:
- Pin your hair in a high bun and take a shower. It's okay to not wash your hair for 4 days, but please, throw on a shower cap or pin your hair outta the way and go scrub yourself with soap and water :)
- After you're all clean, take a flat brush or any brush with good bristles, and give your hair a good brush. Think Marsha Brady. A comb isn't ideal, because you want to distribute the natural oil throughout your whole hair as much as you can. Think of it as a natural leave in conditioner for your hair. I promise if you do this every two weeks or so, your hair will feel amazing!
- Brush your hair out of your face, which it will most likely do easily with the oil, but you want the hair to be out of your face under the hat to avoid breakouts ;)
- Anyway..if you're like this ... you're ready to style!
- check out this sexy volume :)
- take your curling iron/curling stick (i feel curling your hair a bit is always better than straightening on hat day. It disguises better) and curl your ends without effort. This should only take abt 5 minutes. Just you're just getting rid of crazy bed head or straggly ends.
- Take your hat of choice and put it on :)
- make sure your hair is tucked in your hat and pin up the ends along the back - you can either pin it to one side like I did here, doing a messy side bun, or pin it in a neat twist in the middle, or if you're hair is long enough, just wrap a hair tie around a low, side pony tail. (Totally up to you!)
Who will be able to tell that my hair hasn't been washed in 4 days?
xo . jess