Volume 9: Milk Maid Braids
Welcome to my official weekly tutorial of what do to with your hair!! People are always asking me
"How did you do that to your hair?"
And so here are my answers, trials, and step by step tutorials of
"How you can do that to your hair, too!"
I love that my hair is growing out. I really do. I've been in the inbetween phase and constantly asking myself, should I keep going or cut it again!? Sometimes I still go back and forth. But I'm not going to lie..seeing my long curls come back gets me pretty excited :)
One thing that I always come back to about asking myself if I want long hair back, is the fact that if it was long again, I could do so much more with braiding my hair and there are so many things I'm dieing to do that it makes me so happy it's growing fast lately.
So the fact that I'm starting to do certain 'do's with more ease I'm excited to share my Sunday's *milk braids* attempt!
What you need:
- 2nd day hair. The messier is always better :) Especially when it comes to braids!!
- bobby pins
- clear elastic bands
What you do:
- if you have crazy bangs you're growing out like me, make sure you reuse your hairdryer to give them a fresh look. The rest of your hair can stay messy.
- this is a good hair do if you want to spend the day condition it or hiding 3rd day hair even
- I will always spray leave in conditioner for texture and all day conditioning before I braid my hair like this.
- separate your hair down the middle and make two low pig tails.
- loosely braid your pig tails "under"
- braid until you can't any more and let it hang.
- braid your other pigtail and secure with clear hair bands.
- take one of the pigtails and pull it up and over your head depending on how long hair is.
- secure at the end with two bobby pins.
- pull your other braid over head covering the ends of the other braid and tucking the other ends under
- for a really girly romantic look, make sure to place your braids close to the front of your head
- when you are secured gently tug on pieces around your head for an effortless look.
Not gonna lie. If my hair keeps growing till summertime, I might be sporting this look a lot all season :)
Hope I could give you a little inspiration this week!
xo . jess