Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Feet. Wedding Feet.


I have been completely let myself be washed over with wedding excitement. Maybe I'm mistaking it for stress. But regardless of how much my tummy already starts to flutter or how stressful everything seems... I. Cannot. WAIT!!

I am, yes, one of those girls that has dreamt about her wedding day for quite some time. Not since I was a little girl..no. Not to that extreme. I think the time I really remember starting to envisioning what colors I would want or what my dress was going to be like, was when I was 16 years old, working at my first job; Mr Neat's Formalwear. A tuxedo store here in Colorado that is now called Al's Formalwear - booh. The old name was so much cooler. But whatev.

The funny thing is..or was, seeing as now I can..I could never get a good vision of what I wanted. I played with hundreds of ideas, colors, dress shapes, and I never had that one dress I saw myself in. It definitely wasn't the princess dress that ironically everyone said that is what they did see me in. But, that should be enough about the dress talk - I know N reads it and I can't give away too much! :) :)

But with my dress, which was that "this is it" moment, so was the idea of what I wanted my wedding to look like. I was browsing through a magazine one day shortly after N had gotten down on one knee, and simply stopped and gasped really loudly. There was this 5 page spread complete with cake and bouquet ideas of this deep deep purple and bright mandarin orange colored wedding. It was stunning. Before I knew what to do with myself I tore out the entire thing and tossed the rest of the magazine. That was it.

Now that I think about it..I have to go back to the dress. Only because, I know I've never told you guys the story of me and my amazing gown :) So..remember when I said everyone and their mother envisioned me in this?

Well I'll say that I tried one and actually found one that was really gorgeous (except the fact that it weighed more than me) at DB. I did love it and thought "go big or go home" :P until one Sunday my mom came and visited me in Fort Collins for brunch and we stopped in this little vintage boutique that buys secondhand gowns, designer sample gowns, as well as sells them. We poked around in there for awhile and found some gorgeous veils and accessories, etc. I did try on a couple dresses but nothing to beat my first dress. The owner was so sweet and encouraged us to look at all sizes, because a lot of times when she buys designer gowns the sizes are way off from usual sizes. So I began to poke around again and pulled this gown out from the size 12 section that immediately caught my eye. I yelled "mom, I have to try this on!" and she goes "Hun, that's a 12. You're a 4. It'll never fit". 

Little did she know.

That little puppy zipped right up as if it were made for me. I jumped in my borrowed heels and walked out, knowing I was wearing the dress. I didn't want to take it off. It was amazing. I really didn't want to take it off when I looked at the price tag. I was ecstatic. I went home with the appointment to pick it up and purchase it 3 days later, and Googled my designer sample online to see how old it was and the original price.

Not that I ever thought I'd get thrifty when it came to my wedding but when I found it online I realized that I had just found a $3,000 Mikaella gown for $425 - in mint condition that will only require slight alterations. Who the hell cares how many collections its old!
I couldn't be happier about my dress. :) And yes, I'll post pictures in 10 weeks when everything is over.

Which actually brings me to my original reason for creating this post. The fact that my wedding is 10 weeks away! And tonight I was doing some updates to our wedding website.. www.mywedding.com/jessicalovesnicholas
I found our engagement pictures. Just because of the fact that it is just a little bit over 10 weeks away..I had to post them. Enjoy some super gross loveyness kids!





































2 comments:

  1. wow you must have had a great photographer do those engagement pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete