Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Home is Where the ... Fish are?

Today was one of those days that make me realize how much I freaking love living here. Fort Collins truly is the greatest place in the world (for me) and if you're close to me, you know I say this a lot. But it's true! And when Nick and I have days like this, sleeping in, lazy breakfast, and fishing by noon, we can't help but talk about our dreams of living here well, ... forever. Driving across town we can't help but be completely silent in the car with the windows down, letting the warm summer air blow through the car, and the feeling of "summer in Fort Collins" take over. It's a familiar and comforting feeling and for the first time in a long time, no other place feels more like home to me than this town. 

Arriving at Dixon Lake just below Horsetooth... umm, Nicholas looks oh so thrilled to be here. What up buttercup? 

It was only minutes before the dude had fish numero 1 (a tiny thing) and numero 2 shortly after. A little bit larger Bass but still, ... meh.

 



Snack + photo opp time. 




      

We made our way around the lake to a couple different spots where we stopped to fish. The weather was gorgeous and perfect temp - but a little over an hour we started wishing we'd gotten our butts out there sooner as the wind continued to pick up and clouds were starting to roll in over Horsetooth Reservoir. 




 

Here in Colorado, we build cool things out of branches and weeds are considered flowers. :) Although in my defense these were a lot more purple in real life.


Like I said, greatest place in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment