Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday's Fancies #133

We are escaping away to the mountain this weekend with my father in-law, Nick's sister + herbetterhalf, and of course Oli to camp and celebrate father's day. Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on my to-do list making sure we have all of our gear to fish, hike, and tent camp for a few days.

I can't wait to get back and share pictures with you. It's been a rough week and a few very busy weekends preceding this one, so I'm looking forward to get to breathe in fresh mountain air, hear nothing but the peace and quiet of the trees (especially in Red Feathers, CO) and just unplug from my day to day.

As much as I can't believe that it is halfway through June .. of 2013... the summer will be over before we know it and my favorite time of the year will be upon us: fall. One of the biggest events this year is our best friends' wedding (!!) in the beautiful Colorado mountains and this week's fancy topic was a perfect brainstormer for my possible attire. Nick will be standing up as one of the groomsmen and dressed in a sharp gun metal tux. Maybe it's the summer colors still so fresh on my mind, but my inspiration board came out very bright, feminine, and structured.

Wedding Season


Matthew Williamson shift dress, $1,250 / Alexander McQueen / Jones + Jones prom evening dress / Oasis lace dress, $94 / Little Mistress lace dress, $70 / Forever New sweetheart cocktail dress, $155 / Versace frilly dress / Ted Baker lace dress, $235 / Dorothy Perkins strap high heels / Giuseppe Zanotti platform shoes / Coach shoes / Ivanka Trump / Envelope clutch, $25 / Friis & Company , $53 / Mint green necklace / KENNETH JAY LANE turquoise earrings / Suzanna Dai vintage jewelry / Chalcedony earrings / Feather & Stone feather earrings, $140 / Kendra Scott / Feather hair clip



Personally I have never been a fan of the sleeveless look on me. But as of late I have shed some poundage and am gaining some definition and plan to show off some toned arms and legs ;) In addition to being inspired by everything feminine lately - thank you  Daisy Buchanan - I couldn't help but find myself very drawn to this style of dress.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment